Today is the big start for Vasaloppet’s Winter Week 2023. Here you can find the complete competition program.
Vasaloppet is a big goal for many skiers during the season. Today, the competition program begins with Vasaloppet 30. Then it follows with Tjejvasan, a Ski Classics Challengers event, on Saturday, with both races starting in Oxberg and finishing in Mora.
Read More: It’s Time For Tjejvasan On Saturday
On Sunday, it’s time for the Öppet Spår Sunday (Open Track), where you can ski the full Vasaloppet course from Sälen to Mora. On Sunday, there’s also the Ungdomsvasan (Youth Vasa), where the skiers of the future (aged from 11 to 16) can compete in a 9km event starting in Eldris or a 19km starting in Hökberg.
On Monday, it’s time for the second day of the open track (Öppet Spår), now with the opportunity to ski freestyle.
Vasaloppet 45 awaits on Tuesday, February 28, starting in Oxberg and finishing in Mora.
After that, there are two free days, but on Wednesday, you can start preparing for the main race with the pre-event interviews ahead of Vasaloppet. You can follow it Live on SC YouTube from 15:00 CET on Wednesday, March 1:
Ski Classics Pro Tour XIV – Event 11: Pre-Vasaloppet Interviews
On Friday, March 3, the final part of Vasaloppet’s Winter Week starts with the Stafettvasan (Relay) and the Nattvasan (30, 45, and 90km – night race), Vasaloppet 10 on Saturday, and finally, the 99th edition of Vasaloppet on Sunday, March 5.
Sunday’s 90km long-distance race is part of the Ski Classics Pro Tour and the third Grand Classics Season XIV.
Vasaloppet’s Winter Week 2023
- Friday, February 24: Vasaloppet 30 – starts in Oxberg, 30km
- Saturday, February 25: Tjejvasan – start in Oxberg, 30km
- Saturday, February 25: Barnens Vasalopp skidor (Children’s Vasaloppet) – Start in Sälen, 90, 300, and 900m
- Sunday, February 26: Öppet Spår Sunday – start in Sälen, 90km
- Sunday, February 26: Ungdomsvasan – start in Eldris 9km, and start in Hökberg 19km
- Monday, February 27: Öppet Spår Monday – start in Sälen, 90km freestyle
- Tuesday, February 28: Vasaloppet 45 – start in Oxberg, 45km
- Friday, March 3: Stafettvasan – relay race, five sections, start in Sälen, 90km
- Friday, March 3: Nattvasan 30 – individual or two-person teams, start in Oxberg, 30km freestyle
- Friday, March 3: Nattvasan 45 – individual or two-person teams, start in Oxberg, 45km freestyle
- Friday, March 3: Nattvasan 90 – individual or two-person teams, start in Sälen, 90km freestyle
- Saturday, March 4: Vasaloppet 10 – start in Eldris, 9km freestyle
- Saturday, March 4: Barnens Vasalopp skidor (Children’s Vasaloppet), start in Mora, 900m
- Sunday, March 5: Vasaloppet, start in Sälen, 90km
Experience the Nordic Ski World Championships and Vasaloppet Up Close – Get Your 50% Member Discount Now!
As a member of ProXCskiing.com, you get the most extensive coverage in the Nordics and internationally regarding everything that happens during the FIS Nordic Ski World Championships in Planica, provided by journalists who follow cross-country skiing closely.
Get all the details about Vasaloppet and the competitions before the big day on March 5 throughout Vasaloppet week.
Photo: Ulf Palm/Vasaloppet