This year only professional athletes could race Jizerská 50 on February 14th. For everybody else, it’s now possible to enter a virtual version of the race.
The organizers of Jizerská 50 say like this:
“Jizerská 50 is unique mainly because of the participation of recreational skiers. For this reason, we decided to organize a virtual race so we will be able to continue in the more than 50-year history of Jizerská 50 at least at a distance and commemorate the climbers of the 1970 Peru Expedition.”
“We have prepared a virtual version of ČEZ Jizerská 50 for all our competitors. All those registered for the 54th edition of the race are automatically registered for the virtual race, and they can soon expect their race package to arrive. Everyone will be sent a crystal medal, a start number, a memorial medal, and many other gifts.”
Here are some reasons for doing Jizerská 50 virtually:
- Everyone can take part in their race anywhere in the world (not just in the Jizerské Mountains in the Czech Republic).
- You can take part in the race not only on skis, but also doing another form of activity (cycling, skating, running, walking or any other way).
- You can share your performance with others through the ČEZ Jizerská 50 club in the Strava app!
- Every week and every weekend, you can also win prizes from T-Mobile on Strava for all individual Jizerská 50 courses.
- Your participation automatically makes you part of the great draw for prizes from our partners. Their list will soon appear on the web.