Orsa Grönklitt welcomes Pro Teams and their athletes as the Ski Classics heads to Scandinavia with another back-to-back Pro Tour events weekend, Grönklitt Criterium and Grönklitt ITT – Individual Time Trial.
After eight stages, the Ski Classics Pro Tour starts its final part of the season in the same venue where the Prologue weekend was held in Season XII.
On Saturday, February 18, the weekend starts with the Grönklitt Criterium. The ninth event in Season XIV is a 50-kilometer long-distance race offering stunning scenery. The Grönklitt Criterium is a mass-start race that will have several laps and a challenging course.
On Sunday, February 19, the weekend continues with the tenth event in Season XIV, the Grönklitt ITT. The Individual Time Trial is organized as an individual start competition and the Pro Tour athletes will face a 15-kilometer race in typical Swedish forests close to small lakes and beautiful landscapes, all only half an hour’s drive from the legendary finish line of Vasaloppet.
“Our ski heart is pounding extra here in Orsa, Grönklitt, and Dalarna after we once again gained Ski Classics’ trust as an organizer. The race date for us is brilliant regarding snow availability, but also about Vasaloppet week, which takes place the weekend after our events and where we now become a natural link for the Pro Teams and skiers,” says Grönklitt’s Sports Director Urban Nilsson.
“Pro Teams from all over Europe and a thousand recreational skiers are expected to come to Grönklitt to train, compete in Ski Classics, and in many cases, prepare for Tjejvasan and Vasaloppet. The distances between the competitions in our region will be short. In practical terms, the vicinity to Vasaloppet also provides a lot of advantages for events, accommodation, media, and the market. Collaboration between us gives a win-win effect,” concludes Urban Nilsson.
Ski Classics Pro Tour Season XIV (2022/2023)
- Event 1: December 10, 2022 – Bad Gastein PTT, Bad Gastein, Austria, 15km
- Event 2: December 11, 2022 – Bad Gastein Criterium, Bad Gastein, Austria, 35km
- Event 3: December 17, 2022 – La Venosta Criterium, Val Venosta, Italy, 40km
- Event 4: January 14, 2023 – Pustertaler Ski Marathon, Sexten, Italy, 62km
- Event 5: January 15, 2023 – Prato Piazza Mountain Challenge, Niederdorf, Italy, 30km
- Event 6: January 21, 2023 – Engadin La Diagonela, Engadin Valley, Switzerland, 55km
- Event 7: January 29, 2023 – Marcialonga, Trentino, Italy, 70km
- Event 8: February 12, 2023 – Jizerská50, Bedrichov, Czech Republic, 50km
- Event 9: February 18, 2023 – Grönklitt Criterium, Orsa Grönklitt, Sweden, 50km
- Event 10: February 19, 2023 – Grönklitt ITT, Orsa Grönklitt, Sweden, 15km
- Event 11: Release June 14, 11:00 CET
- Event 12: Release June 15, 11:00 CET
- Event 13: Release June 17, 11:00 CET
- Event 14: Release June 17, 11:00 CET
- Full Season Release June 17, 16:00 CET
More info about the Ski Classics Pro Tour you can find at skiclassics.com.
As a member of ProXCskiing.com, you get full access to all content on the site and live streaming of Ski Classics Pro Tour events with English commentary.
When you become part of one of the world’s leading XC ski communities, you will receive many exclusive offers all year round.
Register HERE as a Member.